I’m an avid lover of all things Disney. Halloween is also my favorite time of the year. Combine those two things, and what do you get? Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party! This has been my second year going to this specially ticketed event so I’ll give you a few pointers if you’re planning on going with friends or family.
First off, the event technically starts at 7 pm. However, you’re allowed early admission at 4 pm. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT. I paid $55 for a cast member ticket (tickets normally range from $72-95) For any amount, you’re getting about 8 hours in the park for less than a value day ticket in Magic Kingdom. You’re also getting all the special shows, fireworks, events and candy that come with your MNSSHP ticket.
The entertainment is certainly one of a kind of Walt Disney World, but it’s got nothing compared to the special events during MNSSHP. There’s constantly a show happening around Cinderella’s Castle throughout the night. The festivities begin at 8 pm with Mickey’s Boo to You Parade. During this parade, the Headless Horseman rides out to begin the procession followed by your favorite Disney characters in their Halloween costumes. You’ll see characters that aren’t normally in the parade such as Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope Von Schweetz (Vanellope even has a special float that fills the park with sweet candy scents!). Among these characters are some truly spooky ones such as the Haunted Mansion’s gravediggers and many more!
Following the parade is the Hocus Pocus Villian Spelltacular! The Sanderson sisters from the hit 1993 movie “Hocus Pocus” take the stage and band together with the Disney villians to run amuck in Magic Kingdom. This show is filled with lights, music and scary good fun!
Lastly, don’t forget the Hallowishes fireworks show! It’s similar to the regular Wishes show, but with a creepy twist.
Special tidbits to know before you go!
- This is the ONE time of the year that Jack and Sally are available for pictures and autographs. They are located across from Sleepy Hallow. Be sure to get there early. The line can become well over an hour!
- Other character photo ops such as Cinderella and Aurora can be as little as a 5 min wait! Ride times are also shortened! (Expect Haunted Mansion to be a little more crowded because of the Halloween theme. But the other rides only had a wait time of 10-20 min. Even the new Seven Dwarves Mine Train was only a 20 min wait!)
- Be sure to bring extra money for exclusive merchandise and snacks that can only be purchased at the event.
- If you’re not up to spending extra money on specialty sweets, check out the 13 Trick or Treat stations located throughout the park! They give you your own trick or treat bags, and cast members will literally fill the bags to the top.
- Lastly, don’t forget to dress up and have fun! This is the one time of the year when adults can dress up in the parks. Take advantage of it and dress up as your favorite Disney character. (Or dress up as whoever you want to!)